Location : South Africa
Merchants is a leading BPO solution provider specialising in customer experience and customer interactions. We focus on people, process and technology to create exceptional customer experiences.
We are pioneers in the contact centre industry with over 30 years’ experience in creating and managing contact centre operations around the word. Our service and solutions are built on tried and trusted models, systems and processes that are based on best practice standards.
We are passionate about people and our ability to attract the best talent, coupled with our rich history of success and innovation across different industries around the world, is what differentiates us from our competitors.
The purpose of this position is to lead, manage and transform the design, build and development of space, infrastructure, and people across all environments for Merchants SA, as well as create new go to market propositions in order to create a better world for our people, our customers and our planet.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Customer Experience
· Ensures positive customer experiences through explorative conversations, surveys and formal feedback mechanisms
· Develops systems and processes to ensure management, delivery and reporting of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) across all environments
2. Environment Management
· Ensures all business continuity risks are quantified and managed
· Ensures all change control and escalation processes are followed
· Develops, enhances and manages security measures to safe-guard all environments
· Identify manage and mitigate risks raised by customers
· Ensures clear lines of accountability between Environmental Services and other functional areas
· Ensures the effective delivery of all services provided by any third party suppliers.
· Ensure preventative measures are implemented through proactive inspections and monitoring mechanisms.
· Ensures maintenance and enhancements of the Merchants Asset Register
· Assumes responsibility for all health and safety activities and ensures all risks are resolved
3. Environmental and Sustainability Leadership
· Identifies and delivers technologies to support Merchants’ environmental sustainability and energy conservation with the specific goal to reduce the company’s carbon footprint.
· Assess and report on environmental impact of technologies, processes and products across Merchants sites.
· Develops and implements a ‘Green’ procurement policy for all products and services in respect of acquisition, use and disposal, and recommends improvements
· Maintains a thorough understanding of the relevant legislation, current developments and best practices in relation to sustainable development
· Develops and implements policies to develop environmental sustainability practices
4. New Business Development
· Works with 3rd party design companies to ensure: –
· the design of new environments reflect the customers brand and culture
· the optimisation of space
· a productive and commercially viable environment
· the delivery of an enjoyable place to come to work.
· Develops strategies for the evolution of the contact centre
· Delivers new go to market propositions in the design and build of new customer environments
· Supports business development in the commercialisation of the design, build and management of new environments
· Identifies and quantifies any areas of commercial exposure
· Conducts feasibility studies to ensure the selection of the most appropriate sites for new business opportunities.
5. Contract Negotiation and Management
· Selects and manages all third party suppliers.
· Develops key stakeholder relationships within the commercial property sector
· Ensures that any commercial risks on new or existing contractual obligations are minimized or mitigated
· Negotiates favourable terms and conditions with all suppliers to minimize costs and reduce risk
· Identifies areas of commercial improvement and recommends methods of cost-reduction
· Ensures all procurement practices are in line with Merchants BBBEE strategy
6. Budget Management
· Manages the Environment Services budget
· Provides monthly forecasts to Finance teams
· Provides analysis and forecasts of future environmental services requirements and recommends appropriate budget allocation with key stakeholders
7. People Management
- Leads by example in living the values of the organisation
- Ensures the department is fully equipped to handle the work load and distribute work flow
- Coaches to ensure a full understanding of consequences of errors
- Creates an environment that fosters team work and co-operation amongst team members
- Creates awareness of Merchants strategic objectives and their alignment to the department and company objectives
- Communicates effectively, building and maintaining relationships
- Ensures consistent compliance to company policies and procedures, corporate governance and relevant legislation
Attraction & Selection
- Ensures appropriate staffing
- Identifies need for creation of position and forward recommendation to direct manager and HR
- Ensures appointments are in line with EE targets / strategy
- Selects and places candidates in terms of agreed recruitment and selection process
- Develops and empowers people, recognizing and rewarding value-added performance
Training and Development
- Continually strives to up-skill and motivate staff through effective leadership, mentoring, coaching, performance improvement and the creation and implementation of individual development plans
- Monitors implementation of training needs as per individual development plans
Career Pathing and Succession Planning
- Identifies, manages and develops talent
- Sets direct reports quantitative and qualitative performance objectives and ensure individual performance objectives are in place and reviewed to meet organisational and individual needs
- Ensures bi-annual performance reviews take place with direct reports, identifies poor performance and takes corrective action
· 5-8 years in a similar position
· Proven experience of delivering against SLA
· Proven experience of managing a budget
· Proven experience of supplier management
· Understanding of security standards, (BS 7799 or equivalent) Waste disposal regulation (SA standard)
· Experience in writing and responding to contractual and legal documents relating to facilities or Merchants obligation to deliver standards
· Proven track record in new site builds and or commercial property management
· Leadership (L4)
· Problem Solving (L4)
· Negotiation (L4)
· Planning and Organising (L4)
· Customer Service Orientation (L3)
· Technical Expertise L4)
· Concern for Excellence (L4)
· Entrepreneurship (L4)