General Manager for two renewable energy companies
Location : Western Cape, South Africa
This is a senior management position reporting to the board and fully responsible for managing the two renewable energy project companies (“SPVs”), namely Blue Falcon and Windfall, in order to ensure that the businesses are operated in an efficient manner. Working in a matrix structure with management support provided by the directors and shareholders, the General Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of both the solar facility and wind farm, including compliance with all contracts, management of human resources, finance and customer interface.
– Maintain stakeholder relationships, raise the profile of the SPVs and represent the companies responsibly.
– Avoid any conflicts of interest and take decisions in the best interest of the SPVs, by exercising impartiality and independence.
– Work in an harmonious and productive manner with directors and shareholder representatives and other service providers by ensuring good working relations.
– Report to the Boards of the respective project SPVs and contribute to improving the effectiveness of the two Boards, including:
– Act as a liaison between management and the Board;
– Ensure that the Directors are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable the Directors to form appropriate judgments;
– Prepare and distribute timeously the Board pack (agenda, GM report, financial report and other relevant reports) prior to each Board meeting;
– Ensure accurate minutes and a proper record of board resolutions/decisions are maintained;
– Request that special meetings of the Board be called when appropriate;
– Consider and, where appropriate or required by the Board, propose amendments to the board charter, company policies and other relevant company documents from time to time;
– Prepare papers/reports to address problems and issues, including analysis and recommendations, to enable the Board to make informed decisions in relation to the business;
– Ensure that the appropriate Board sub-committees are set up; and
– Ensure that key persons attend meetings of the Board as an observer, as and when requested by the Board.
– Be responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports and the annual budget to the Board and shareholders.
– Provide oversight and assistance in respect of the preparation of management accounts, annual financial statements and annual audit of the companies.
– Ensure management and enforcement of the operations and maintenance contract with the O&M Contractor with a view to the facilities achieving maximum possible operating efficiency.
– Ensure management and enforcement of other contracts that the SPVs have with third parties, including, but not limited to, the lenders under the Finance Documents, Eskom under the PPA and the SED/ED contract.
– Lead, in conjunction with the Board, the development of the SPVs’ strategy, business plan, policies and procedures.
– Lead and oversee the implementation of the SPVs’ long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
– Ensure that both SPVs comply with all EDO requirements, including the reporting to the DOE.
– Manage the communication with all stakeholders, including Lenders, DoE, Eskom, the Shareholders and the relevant communities.
– Ensure the principles of good corporate governance in relation to King 3 and the Companies Act are applied in the SPVs.
– Ensure the financial models of the SPVs are updated timeously, as required.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
– Ensure the SPVs are appropriately organized and staffed and have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy;
– Deal with all s Requirements:
– Degree/Training: CA(SA) or MBA or an appropriate business, commerce, finance qualification.
– Profile: With a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management position in the renewable energy sector and/or similar commercial environment. As General Manager, this individual demonstrates critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, contract management, interpersonal skills and negotiations. A good understanding and/or experience in project finance will be an added advantage.
– Languages/Level: English & local Languages.
– Demonstrated ability to lead/motivate/manage multi-disciplinary teams working within a matrix structure.
– Ability to drive change and influence outcomes and decisions by taking into consideration different shareholder requirements..
– High level skills in the following areas: communication, negotiation, interpersonal relations, collaboration and motivating employees.
– Substantial business experience in South Africa.
– Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
– Ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
– Experience with using financial reporting systems.
ACCIONA es una multinacional española líder en la promoción y gestión de energías renovables e infraestructuras (construcción, agua, industrial y servicios). Con más de un siglo de trayectoria, está formada por más de 30.000 empleados, tiene presencia en más de 30 países de los cinco continentes y forma parte del IBEX-35.
With a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management position in the renewable energy sector and/or similar commercial environment….