The Tholoana Enterprise Programme applications are now open from the 15th February 2017 – 15th March 2017. Sixty successful candidates will be part of a high-energy solution that has helped hundreds of businesses to accelerate their success. Wrap-around support, including expert mentorship, skills training workshops, access to markets, and qualified investment-readiness support has been shown to improve the confidence and skills of entrepreneurs.
The Tholoana Enterprise Programme supports small enterprises that benefit – or are run by – women, the youth and those living in rural and peri-urban areas. The SAB Foundation is especially keen to create opportunities for entrepreneurs with disability, who are strongly encouraged to apply. Similarly, applications are welcome from businesses working in new and/or growing sectors such as export, manufacturing, food processing, water, energy and waste management.
If you are an entrepreneur or business owner with a registered business (or in the process of registering) that has been in operation for at least six months and less than five years, you may be eligible for the programme.
- The business is black-owned* and managed
- The business is operational
- The business is headquartered and registered (if applicable), within the South African borders
- The business should be a going concern, commercially sustainable and viable
- You are involved in the business’s daily operations and management on a full time basis, and are not employed by any other organisation
- You have the skills and experience necessary for the type of business you’re engaged in
- The business is in the early stages of growth (older than six months and no more than five years)
- If you meet the above mentioned criteria, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You are an employee of the SAB Foundation, SAB Pty Ltd, SAB Miller Plc., ABI and affiliates
- You have previously received support from the SAB Foundation
- Your business is not operational and it is just an idea or a concept
- Your business’s sole operations are alcohol related i.e. tavern, shebeen, bottle store, or pub
- Your business primary operations are sex, gaming, gambling, tobacco or illegal
- Your business is a franchise: you are a franchisor or franchisee etc.
- Your business is an NPO (not-for-profit organisation), NGO (non-governmental organisation), home based care service organisation, community uplifting project, youth development/educational organisation etc., recycling project, women and children’s home, sports and recreation centre, youth diversion project, skills development project: therefore if it does not have a profit motive
- You require sponsorship for an event, a launch, a conference, a forum, a seminar, a party or a fundraising function, land and building acquisitions
- You require a bursary, a scholarship, an internship, and funding in the form of studies, exchange programmes and textbooks. etc.
- You require any form of sponsorship or donations
PLEASE NOTE – for the above point that refers to NPO’s And NGO’s etc. SAB Pty Ltd has departments dedicated to assist with CSI initiatives and bursaries: for more information on this, please visit www.sabstories.co.za
Tholoana Enterprise Programme Information Brochure, Programme Summary and Application Guidance Document
Below you will find the Tholoana Enterprise Programme Brochure, Programme Summary and Application Guidance Document with detailed information on the programme and how to apply.