Water is a scarce resource, essential for life and for business. It is also a strategic asset and represents risks. Therefore, it is necessary to measure, analyze and manage its impacts. ISO 14046:2014 – Environmental Management – Water Footprint – Principles, Requirements and Guidelines is the new global tool to implement water footprint assessment based on life cycle assessment and to communicate its findings.
OBJECTIVES: To learn the definitions, principles, requirements and guidelines of the standard to a level sufficient to implement and communicate water footprint assessments in accordance with ISO 14046:2014.
FORMAT: Classroom training with delegates requested to actively engage in discussions, tests and exercises Spaces limited so don’t delay.
AUDIENCE: Directors/Managers/Heads of Departments, Consultants responsible for sustainability, environment and / or water issues or those who are looking for new career opportunities.
DURATION: 24hrs (3 days) VENUE: Indaba Hotel, Johannesburg
DATE: 23rd – 25th November 2016
(Joining instructions will be sent following delegate registration)
Cost per delegate: R12 000 excl VAT for early bird (Signup in Oct and SAVE R1 500)
R13 500 excl VAT for standard
Marcio Viegas, founder and managing director at SUST4IN, who has developed and implemented standards for almost 20 years.
Marcio has a strong technical background on environmental management with a BSc in Civil Engineering, Expert in Environmental Management and MSc in Hydraulic/Environmental Engineering combined with an MBA and experience in social issues acquired during his career and projects in Africa and South America.
This is a new area for all of us. Only now water footprint is becoming a practical solution for businesses with the publication of the new ISO 14046:2014 in July 2014 for instance. However our technical background, close monitoring of ISO 14046 evolution and experience with carbon footprint give us courage to launch water footprint services and learn together with our clients, obviously through agreements beneficial to both sides
- Water as a strategic asset and risks – Sustainable Development Goals – SDG6 – Test 0: Assessing pre-course knowledge;
- Water footprint, water footprint assessment and the existing different methodologies;
- Water footprint practical tools: WBCSD Global Water Tool, WRI Aqueduct, databases and others;
- Introduction to Life Cycle Assessment (ISO 14044) – Test 1
- ISO 14046: Overview, Benefits and Limitations;
- ISO 14046: Definitions – Test 2
- ISO 14046: Principles – Test 3
- ISO 14046: Water footprint assessment: Methodological framework – Test 4 – Practical Exercise 1
- ISO 14046: Report and communication – Test 5 – Practical Exercise 2
- ISO 14046: A critical review – Test 6 – Practical Exercise 1
- Verification of a water footprint assessment against the ISO 14046 standard;
- Conclusions; and
- Final Exam
- Certificate of Competence: attendance >75% and final grade >80% (60% tests and 40% final exam)
- Certificate of Attendance: attendance >75%.
- CPD available
25% Deposit will be held as a cancelation fee should the candidate cancelled attendance 2 weeks ahead of training day, or if delegate does not make arrangements before the 2 weeks leading up to the training date.
- Spaces limited: so don’t delay.
- Early-bird price applicable for bookings and payments made two weeks or more before the start of the course. Early-bird discount will be applied at payment stage.
- Early-bird/reduced price seats limited.
- Training course final confirmation subject to a minimum number of confirmed delegates and full payment.
- VAT not included in the prices above